A student of the Akenten Appiah-Minkah University of Skills Training and Entrepreneurial Development known as Prosper Owusu has died after catching fire during a ritual.
Owusu, who served as Chief Priest for the Opoku Ware Hall in the University, was carrying out a fire ritual during a gathering at the campus when something went wrong.
Male Halls, a Twitter account which reports on activities on Male Halls in our Universities, revealed what happened.
“The Chief Priest of the Opoku Ware Hall in AAMUSTED has been admitted to the Okomfo Anokye Teaching Hospital after his traditional regalia caught fire during incantations as part of the hall’s activities. Let’s keep him in our prayers,” the page wrote.