It has been discovered the ex-wife of Odartey Lamptey did not only demand for the East Legon mansion which she occupied,but also laid claim to several other properties of the ex-footballer including cars. Odartey Lamptey and his ex wife Gloria ended their 20 years of marriage in 2013, after a DNA test results revealed,he was not the biological father of his three kids.After the divorce in 2013, Odartey had to give away his five bedroom house located in Dome,and a sum of GH₵400,000 to his ex wife as alimony, but she demanded for a 7 bedroom house in East Legon instead.
Fast forward,after nine long years of legal tussle, the Accra High Court ruled in favour of the ex-footballer and ordered Gloria Appiah (his ex-wife) to vacate the house and handover the property to Odartey Lamptey.
Gloria Appiah made other demands of properties belonging to Ordartey Lamptey including:
An order that the Respondent pays the Petitioner a total sum of GH 114,096.00 (One Hundred and Fourteen Thousand and Ninety-Six Ghana Cedis),which includes feeding allowance, utility bills, car maintenance and allowance from running Glow Lamp International School.
An order for the equitable distribution of the marital property granting the Petitioner Fifty percent (50%) share of each of the properties listed below:
- Two plots of land located at Adjirigano (East Legon) Accra.
- House number 18 Dadekotopon Road, Bawaleshie Mpeasem, Accra.
- Residential property located at Dome, Accra.
- Five-acre land situated at Dodowa.
- Shares in Glow-Lamp International School, 22 Hospital Lane Baatsona Accra.
- Cattle farm located at Somanya with an estimated herd of eight hundred (800).
- Cadillac Escalade vehicle with registration number GE6075 13.
- Toyota Tundra vehicle with registration number GE 708313.
- Toyota Venza vehicle with registration number GE 645512.
- Toyota Yaris vehicle with registration number GT 2013 11.
- BMW 3 series with registration number GR 5322 T.
- Funds in Unibank Ghana Limited, Spintex Branch with account 000965101011028019
- Fund in Ecobank Ghana Limited, Sakumono Branch with account 0000910134459873802.
- Funds Barclays Bank Spintex Branch with account 0893780000001002247
- Proceeds of tax refund from Belgium.
- Personal and household effects including but not limited to air conditioners, television sets, beds, mattresses, stoves, microwaves, and furniture.
- Lump-sum settlement of five hundred thousand Ghana cedis (GHt500,000) as alimony
- Any further order or orders as this Honourable Court may deem fit.